The Tea Trail
India’s ubiquitous cup of tea can be traced back to its roots on this specially curated trail that takes travellers from the tea gardens, to the factories as well as the experience of plantation life in typical colonial style. A must-do tour for all tea lovers!
Day 1: Guwahati to Balipara
- Post arrival at Guwahati airport, drive to Balipara (approximately 5-6 hours), for your stay in a planter’s bungalow from the Raj era.
- Spend the evening at leisure or go out exploring the nearby villages.
- A cooking class can be organised where one can learn traditional Assamese cuisine.
- Overnight at the Wild Mahseer.
Day 2: Balipara
- Post breakfast, head out to the main factory and enjoy a tea tasting session to know more about Assam tea.
- Later, go for a walk or a bicycle ride through the plantation and get a chance to interact with the locals.
- Spend evening at leisure.
- Overnight stay at the Wild Mahseer.
Day 3: Balipara to Kaziranga
- After breakfast, drive to the World Heritage site of Kaziranga National Park.
- Enjoy an afternoon jeep safari through one of the ranges of the national park to view the flora and fauna.
- Evening at leisure.
- Overnight in Kaziranga
Day 4: Kaziranga to Jorhat
- Head out early in the morning for an elephant safari to view the animals up close.
- Post breakfast, drive to Jorhat (4 hours). Upon arrival, check in to a boutique luxury heritage bungalow.
- Rest of the day savour the relaxed and stress-free plantation life.
Day 5: Jorhat - Majuli - Jorhat
- After breakfast, drive to Nimati Ghat to catch the ferry to Majuli island.
- Majuli is one of the biggest inhabited river island in the world and is known for the Assamese Neo-Vaishnavite movement.
- Spend the day exploring the monasteries, known as Satra’s, to meet the monks. Learn about their culture, music, dance and their way of life. Visit the famous mask makers, see how earthen pots are made without the use of the potters wheel, and spend the day exploring the island.
- Try some ethnic tribal cuisine and also their local beer known as Apong.
- Return to Jorhat and spend the evening at leisure.
- Overnight stay at in Jorhat.
Day 6: Jorhat to Dibrugarh via Sibsagar
- Post breakfast, drive to Dibrugarh (approximately 5 hours).
- En route, visit the historical town of Sivasagar, the capital city of the mighty Ahom dynasty.
- Learn about the architecture and visit the historical monuments like the Kareng Ghar, Talatal Ghar, and Shiva Dol temple.
- On reaching Dibrugarh, check-in at Mancotta tea estate and spend the evening at leisure.
Day 7: Departure Day
- Leave for Dibrugarh airport for an afternoon/evening departure flight.
- End of tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Transportation using Innova or similar vehicle
- Jeep safaris inside Kaziranga National Park
- Elephant safari in Kaziranga National Park
- Entry fees for entering National Park and other places of interest
- Excess stay & meals due to bad weather conditions or strikes, resulting in delay of flights or any other form of transport
- Tips, soft drink charges, bottled water, laundry, cigarettes, telephone expenses, beer and liquor charges
- Any other costs not mentioned in the “Included” section above
- As per budget